Friday, July 9, 2010

Gerard's Eve Bistro

Last night a friend and I went to dinner at Gerard's Eve Bistro. I have to admit that I've been here before, but it's one of those places that is definitely worth visiting again. My friend had never been and she loved it. It's a cute little French restaurant near the Tyler Galleria. It's very easy to miss and really doesn't look like much from the outside. Once you go in, it's very cozy and inviting. This is definitely a place to get dressed up for (at least business casual).

We ordered drinks and appetisers. Lindemans Framboise is one of my favorite beers, and Gerards is one of few places that has it. It is a raspberry flavored beer, which takes away the bitterness, but isn't too sweet. While we were waiting for the appetisers they brought us a small cup of blueberry sorbet. Every time I've been here they've brought us something different, and everything has been amazing. Next our appetisers came. I got the escargot, and my friend got the Olive Trio, and the mussels. I love the escargot here because it comes soaked in butter and garlic. The mussels were really good, too because the sauce they came in was a wine sauce that accentuated the flavor perfectly. For the main course I ordered the shrimp scampi and my friend ordered the flank steak (I think that was what it was called). Both came out looking amazing and tasted just as good. They were perfect portions and both came with green beans and seasoned potatoes.

Somehow after all that food we still managed to make room for dessert. :) I ordered the vanilla creme brule, which is a pretty basic desert, but was delicious. My friend ordered crepes with orange carmel sauce that were flambeed at our table. Orange and carmel isn't something I would normally put together, but it smelled and tasted great. The crepes were filled with vanilla ice cream and were pretty basic, but the sauce on top turned them into a gourmet dessert.

Overall it was a great night except that she forgot the leftovers that they boxed up for her. We were both so full that we just went home and relaxed after. Definitely a place to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment