Friday, August 6, 2010

Back to Gerard's

I love this place! We went back here for my birthday. There ended up being 4 people who came with me and we pretty much had the place to ourself. One thing I noticed this time is that they have oil paintings throughout the restaurant that you can buy. They are originals and depict various scenes. Anyway, most of us got drinks to start out with. They have beer and wine. I got the Lindeman's Raspberry Frambois (my favorite!), and since I got the last bottle my friend got the Lindeman's Peach, which is really good as well. Another friend got a light beer and another got a white wine. Most of us got the escargot as an appetizer, but one of my friends got the stuffed mushrooms. They were really good, but I do love the escargot there! All of the entree's were amazing as well. One of my friends got the soup and salad. The salad was a hot salad, which means that they brought out spinich, and other ingredients on a cart. They took a pan and cooked bacon and other ingredients to put on top of the cold spinich, which looked really good.

The best part of the meal was when they brought our desserts! We ordered 4 different desserts that we each tried. I ordered the creme brule, which had a strawberry on top. One friend got the Cherries Jubilee, which was hot cherries cooked in liquor and sugar poured over vanilla ice cream. It was amazing, and I'm going to get that next time. Another friend got the crepes with orange carmel sauce. They had vanilla ice cream inside, but the sauce absolutely made the dessert. Another dessert was a light vanilla mousse with strawberry sauce, which was a great light dessert. Overall it was a good night with amazing company and fantastic food!

No comments:

Post a Comment