Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hiking up Mt. Rubidoux

This morning I went hiking up Mt. Rubidoux. We met at the base of the mountain at around 7:45am and started our hike. Apparently there are a couple trails that you can take up to the top. The one we took was off San Andreas Ave. We parked on the street and headed towards the trail. It's a pretty wide asphalt paved trail that winds up to the top. Once you get to the top there's an auditorium style setup. There's an open area with stadium style seats carved into the rock. If you walk to the top of the seats there is a large cross and an amazing 360 view of Riverside and Rubidoux.

I think it's been around 10 years since I walked up Mt. Rubidoux and I forgot how much of a walk it is. We went early enough so that it was still cool, but I would also recommend bringing water, which we forgot. I've never been a runner/walker/hiker, so I was totally out of breath by the time we got to the top. It's a couple hours later and I'm a little sore, but I'm definitely going again because I don't like not being able to do something well!

No comments:

Post a Comment