Thursday, August 12, 2010

Yard House

Last night we went to the Yard House in the Riverside Galleria. It's in a large building with high ceilings. The parking lot was busy, but I found a spot pretty easily. Inside it is dimly lit with a large bar in the middle. I sat at the bar and waited for my friend. They have around 80 beers on tap, which is impressive. (The location in Long Beach has around 180 beers on tap!) The music selection was really random. There were some popular songs that most people probably know the words to, and some other songs, which I had never heard before... and never wanted to. When my friend got there we ordered drinks. Because it's such a big franchise the bartenders have to pour drinks to standards- so we ordered beer. My friend ordered the Mac & Cheese2. They have the kids Mac & Cheese, and the Mac & Cheese2 is the adult version with better cheese and chicken. She got the chicken on the side, and the meal was actually amazing for being so basic! The bartenders were friendly, which made for some good conversation. Overall it was a good, relaxing night.

No comments:

Post a Comment